Six Month Smiles®
Clear brackets and bands and a focus on the front 6-8 teeth are the secret to Six Month Smiles® – the tooth straightening option that could be completed in the time between two dental appointments.
What is Six Month Smiles®?
The Six Month Smiles® natural colored braces system is fast and discreet. A customized set of brackets is created and positioned to quickly and effectively move front teeth into a straight, confident smile, without the need for years of orthodontia.
The Six Month Smiles® Process
The Six Month Smiles® system includes five basic steps:
- A consultation with the dentist will determine if you are a good candidate for Six Month Smiles®, or if you would benefit more from another form of orthodontic treatment.
- A mold will be made of your teeth and a template created to guide the dentist in precisely placing the brackets on your teeth for maximum effectiveness.
- Your tooth colored brackets and wires will be glued to your teeth according to the template.
- Every 5-6 weeks, you will visit New Horizons for the dentist to check on your progress.
- Once the desired alignment is reached (usually before your next hygiene appointment), the braces will be removed and a customized retainer provided to maintain the new position of your front teeth.
Results of Six Month Smiles®
The treatment of only the front teeth provides a faster result than traditional braces, but the retainer must be worn at night thereafter to prevent teeth from drifting back out of alignment due to the rest of the arch not being treated. However, as a fast solution to get straight teeth in time for a wedding or other event, this method is ideal.
For more information about our practice or to request an office tour, contact our Salina, KS, dental office at 785-825-7197 or book a consult or an appointment online here.