Invisalign® Services in Salina, KS
The number one choice for adults and teens, Invisalign® provides a tooth straightening experience that is discreet, comfortable, and fast. The clear plastic shields gently correct tooth alignment without wires or metal.
What is Invisalign®?
The Invisalign® clear braces system is discreet, comfortable, and convenient. A series of customized, removable plastic aligners are created to gradually move your teeth from their current position into the desired alignment over a period of 9-15 months. This process is gentle and non-invasive, with no metal to be cemented to your teeth and no wires in your mouth.
The Invisalign® Process
The Invisalign® system includes six basic steps:
- A consultation with the dentist will determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign®, or if you would benefit more from another form of orthodontic treatment.
- Impressions are made of your teeth to determine their current placement, and a 3-D software imaging system is used to create a visual representation of the desired final tooth placement.
- Your aligner series is created, and can consist of anywhere from 8-30 sets of aligners.
- Each aligner set will be worn as much as possible for approximately 2 weeks, (ideally removed only to eat, drink, brush, and floss)
- Every 2-3 weeks, the aligners will be replaced with the next set in the series.
- Every 6 weeks, you will visit New Horizons for the dentist to check on your progress.
Results of Invisalign®
The more hours per day aligners are kept in place, the more rapidly teeth will move towards their final alignment. With no metal, no wires, and an almost completely invisible presentation, this orthodontic treatment creates stunning smiles in less than half the time of traditional braces, with less discomfort and amazing results.
For more information about our practice or to request an office tour, contact our Salina, KS, dental office at 785-825-7197 or book a consult or an appointment online.